Ottolock Hexband Grey
|Availability:||In stock (1)|
HEXBAND is the latest addition to the OTTOLOCK line featuring added resistance to shearing tools and cable cutters, making it a stronger quick-stop bike lock for users with higher security requirements. HEXBAND is differentiated by using six stainless steel band layers (versus three in the original) while still being wrapped in an internal aramid fiber jacket. Weighing just 75 grams more, HEXBAND is ideal for bicycle lock-ups, back or top of vehicle gear, construction equipment, and more.
OTTOLOCK is designed for quick stops and protecting against opportunity theft. OTTOLOCK is not a replacement for a U-Lock. OTTO does not claim HEXBAND is unable to be cut. For maximum security, use a redundant locking method with both a U-Lock and a secondary lock
- · EXTRA TOUGH: 6 layers of stainless steel provide added shear resistance. 2.5x steel thickness.
- · LIGHTWEIGHT: Starting weight only 190g. Lightweight, portable and easy to always carry.
- · COMPACT: Coils to a 3 inch diameter. Keep it in or around your saddle bag, backpack, in your pocket, or anywhere you want.
- · DURABLE: Chip-resistant Cerakote® paint and Santoprene® plastic that will not scuff or harm finishes.
- · CONVENIENT: Keyless resettable combination.
PROPER USE GUIDELINES
All bike locks can be defeated by a motivated thief with proper tools, technique, and time. OTTOLOCK provides an appropriate “quick stop” level of defense against many forms of attack – not any and all tools.
The design intent of OTTOLOCK is to provide a lightweight, compact, easy-to-carry solution to prevent opportunistic theft during quick stops like getting coffee, snacks, or restroom breaks. Many stolen bikes are taken when unlocked and OTTOLOCK provides a convenient option with next to no weight penalty.
** OTTO does not claim OTTOLOCK is unable to be cut. OTTO recommends redundant locking with a quality U-lock for higher crime areas or long duration lock-ups. Users are responsible for determining their personal level of risk regarding time and location.