The reason for this are the new ULTEGRA ST-R8170 Dual Control shift / brake levers with their optimized ergonomics, the even more precise control of the brakes and the wireless, electronic shift function. Thanks to these three improvements, racing cyclists can now concentrate fully on the next sprint, the next descent or the next joke from a rider.
The new ULTEGRA ST-R8170 brake lever offers improved controllability and control on every ride thanks to the proven SERVOWAVE technology from Shimano. The brand new Di2 platform is used by DURA-ACE and ULTEGRA, where it ensures the world's fastest and most reliable, wireless switching processes. Time in the saddle is valuable to every rider and thanks to Shimano it gets even better.
- Tidy cockpit: The wireless connection improves aerodynamics and makes maintenance easier
- Unique ergonomics based on professional feedback
- Raised horns improve ergonomics and give the hands more grip
- Optimized brake control: Lighter, easy-to-use lever and improved controllability thanks to the extended brake control range
- Compatible with wired and wireless connection
- Available for additional satellite switches
- High energy efficiency: Battery life: 1.5 to 2 years with easily replaceable CR1632 batteries in the shift / brake levers